Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More hiking

Today has been such a great day (except for watching Peyton getting let go by the Colts...).  Slept in a little bit and then went on an other hike.  Today's hike was about 3.5 miles and it was a lot more intense than yesterday's.  We started on top of a ridge, hiked down the whole mountain on a "gold mine trail" to the very bottom where a lake was, then made our way back up on another trail.  "Whatever goes down must come up" was something we definitely experienced today.  The hike was great going down.  Very relaxing.  When we got to the part where we had to hike back up the mountain it was not as fun.  However, the training for my half-marathon that I have been doing really helped me out on the uphill.  I did not get very winded and my legs were feeling really good.  It's cool to see results from training!

Here are some pictures from today's hike:



Opening in the trail for a cool view.  The water level
is low this time of year.


Old fireplace from what we think was a house
that was there a long time ago.




















I've loved the trip so far here in NC and in the Smoky Mountains.  It's so nice to get awhile for awhile from work, school, and everyday activities.

“Let not your hearts be troubled.  Believe in God; believe also in me." - John 14:1 (ESV)


Matt


No comments:

Post a Comment