Monday, March 5, 2012

First run in the mountains

I'm not sure how many of you have ran in the mountains before, but it's pretty difficult.  I ran 1.3 miles (well, according to my Nike + iPod) and I ran it in about 11 minutes.  I was completely exhausted after that.  At the very beginning I ran up a huge hill for about .2 miles and that wore me out right off the bat.  I ended up running to a trail with 3 sets of staircases and did some stair workouts as part of my run.  It was really good for my legs.  The worst part about the run was the altitude and the crisp air.  It was so hard to breathe the whole time...

It's been so awesome here in North Carolina so far.  All we have done is relaxed in cabin watching movies, playing cards, and chatting.  Oh, and of course getting into the hot tub that we luxuriously acquired in our rent.  Getting in that thing every night has made the trip so far!  I'm having a blast so on vacation.

I'm going to try and train a little bit everyday to keep some endurance up.  Tomorrow I will more than likely do some sprints and lots of stretching.  Below are some pictures of the trip so far!






More to come tomorrow!

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." - Jeremiah 33:3


Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment